Wednesday 11 January 2012

5 Fun Facts About Chelsea Handler and NBC's Are You There, Chelsea?

Chelsea Handler, Laura Prepon Via E!'s late-night talk show Chelsea Lately, or After Lately, or her books about one-night stands and booze, Chelsea Handler has become a household name. Beginning Wednesday night, there will be even more Handler to go around when Are You There, Chelsea? debuts on NBC at 8:30/7:30c. In the series based on her saucier-titled book Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, Laura Prepon (That '70s Show) plays a 20-something version of Handler. (Handler herself plays Chelsea's put-upon sister Sloane.) Check out five fun facts about Handler and her new sitcom: Are You There, Chelsea?'s Chelsea Handler: I like myself much better as Laura Prepon 1. With two other shows, four books and now playing a version of her sister, she's a little sick of herself. Says Handler: "I was like, 'Oh, God, more me?' If you don't like me, you're really going to be pissed. Here she is again!" 2. Although the title is derived from Handler's second book, the series will feature moments from her other books as well. In particular, Handler teases, it will tackle the gay gynecologist story from My Horizontal Life. 3. NBC hasn't been too hard on a show that's inspired by a book full of stories about midget sex, excessive drinking and sleeping around. "I'm getting away with a lot on NBC, which I'm kind of surprised about. I really thought that they were going to reel me in." Are You There, Chelsea? Exclusive: Seinfeld star, Chelsea Lately alum join cast 4. Handler often takes pleasure in making fun of her E! cohort and American Idol host Ryan Seacrest for working numerous jobs. Having three shows on the air now doesn't mean she'll let up on him. "Ryan and I have a very jocular relationship," she says. "I love Ryan. He's the hardest-working person I know. ... I have a lot of respect for him. But I'm not the new Ryan Seacrest. I'm funny; Ryan's not that funny. He's funny-looking." 5. Handler finally feels like she's finally made it ... so, take that, old high school enemies! "When you're little and growing up and you're bullied, all you want to do is be like, 'You don't know I'm going to be something, and you're just going to be a housewife who doesn't work with twins that you hate. So shut up!' I used to get tortured all the time by the older girls and they'd tell me I was ugly and fat. This is the greatest comeuppance of all." Will you be watching the premiere of Are You There, Chelsea?

No comments:

Post a Comment